Many moons ago, I was really struggling to manage myself not only at work but at home as well. I had many topics coming from multiple angles and I was really feeling snowed under and not able to get out of this rut. Then I started reading some books:
That really started me on the path of running myself as its own little small business. One of the key inspirations was the book from David Allen titled “ Getting Things Done” although I have to admit I didn’t finish reading it, it really inspired me within the first few pages and that lead me to reinvent my approach and I’ve never looked back.
It was truly freeing and has enabled me to step up to the plate not only in my professional and personal life but has enabled me to branch out into many different side projects that enable me to grow not only as a person but knowledge which I can apply across the spectrum.
The key points I took out of this whole process was:
- Your brain is not that great of a storage medium
- You need to invest in your second brain for storage and organisation
- Time is really the most valuable resource you have, don’t waste it
- Don’t be afraid to delegate important topics to empower people with potential
- If the task takes < 2 minutes, what are you waiting for? Just do it